Sunday, September 28, 2003

I should have stayed home

Okay, I'm not exactly in an angry mood.  Pissy is more like it.  I should have stuck with my original plan to watch some bad TV this afternoon, but instead I went to Lonny's to help him pick grapes.  We've been planning on making some homemade wine, and I was very excited that the grapes were finally ready, so I ran over and while basking in grape abundance, I got stung by a bee.  My first ever.  I couldn't believe it, I stood there cussing for about 5 minutes, making sure I didn't swell up like an Oompa Loompa, (see link on right), while Lonny stood there laughing at me.  I never actually saw the bee, and was worried it might have been something nasty like a brown recluse, but it's been 4 hours, and I think I'm going to make it.  Still hurts like a mother, though.  Since my finger is practically paralyzed, I'm going to go feel sorry for myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, your first bee-sting! how were you so lucky to survive childhood without one sting? :) so did you make wine afterall? loved the oompa loompa site! keep writing - great stuff. ~peace~