Thursday, October 2, 2003

Blow Me Cheesecake

A few weeks ago, I entered the Ben & Jerry's Rock the Vote/Name that Flavor competition.  The contest was for AOL members only, and it gave members a chance to select the name for a new ice cream.  Three winning entries would then be voted on by AOL members.  The ice cream is a strawberry cheesecake flavor with graham cracker swirl, and the contest rules wanted a name that was 1.) No longer than 20 letters/spaces, 2.) descriptive of the flavor, and 3.) election, (non-partisan), themed.

Well, my Dad and I both submitted entries, (only one per person, please), his was "Cheesecake Candidate" and mine was "Campaign Cheesecake".  Both names, I thought were good enough to win.  The results?  We lost.  Adding insult to injury, today the three finalists were announced, and they, (IMHO), are sucktacular.

1. Berry Rock-US Caucus

2. Primary Berry Graham

3. My Straw(berry) Vote

So- I am exersizing my right NOT to vote in the stupid flavor election.  Ben and Jerry's? Yeah, I got your number, and I fucking hate ice cream anyway!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I just saw this pole on AOL today. I had to read the names three times, and I still kept thinking - is this supposed to make sense or be witty at all? Come on! "Berry Rock-US Caucus". That's a friggin' mouthful, and not in a good way! They all suck .. #2 is the best of the bunch .. but I agree with you. I'm not voting! Personally, I think "Blow Me Cheesecake" would have been the best! (Especially if Clinton was still in office!) d'oh! hee!