Tuesday, October 7, 2003

For those of you, (I know who you are), who have no love for sports, you can skip this entire entry.  HOWEVER- be advised that this is the happiest Tuesday morning I can ever remember.  Why, you ask?  Well, if you'd watched Monday Night Football you would know.   Last night, the Colts became the 1st team in NFL history to win after trailing by 21 or more points with less than 4 minutes of regulation play.  At halftime, I almost turned the game off.  It was 0-21, and I couldn't bear to watch our team lose big on primetime television, but I left the game on, and was richly rewarded. Coach Dungy?  I hope that the game win was the best birthday present you've ever received!  Aren't you glad the Bucs fired you in '02?!    Mike Vanderjagt?  I still hate you, but you made the FG at the right time!   Marvin Harrison and Rickey Williams?  You guys rock!   Peyton Manning?  Marry me!

I'd been hearing Tampa referred to as having "The world's greatest defense".  Yeah, well, you guys looked rediculous last night, losing your 21 point lead in 4 minutes.

Yes, my beloved Colts are undefeated, and are enjoying their best start since 1977!  Yes, I do know that they're still the Colts, and a some point this season, they're gonna choke, but you gotta give it to us for last night's game.  That was Monday Night Football at it's best.  Unless you're from Tampa. 

                                                                                                                 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats to you and the colts. funny. that's how i feel about mlb. i love the red sox but i always doubt their ability...until they come through - like last night. :) football has never been my favorite sport - but i'm learning more and more each year as my 5th grader continues to play flag football. (he hates baseball)

Anonymous said...

I have problems hearing TB referred to as having the greatest *anything*. To those of us in the division, they were, are, and always will be the Yuck-aneers. Go Colts!

Anonymous said...

Hey, hey, hey. Ease up on Chuck's Bucs ... I LOVE JON GRUDEN and I'm not embarrassed to say it. GO CHUCKY! Al Davis was a MORON to let you go!