Wednesday, October 8, 2003

FAQ part 3

(read previous 2 entries first)

So~ now I only cook at home, with the exception of an occasional catering gig, (which I don't really enjoy~too much work to cart food, equipment, etc). I still love cooking, but since I now cook so much for the kids, I don't always have the desire to do the gourmet thing, and prefer to go out to dinner.  I'm sure I'll get back to my old ways once the kids are on their own.  Do I regret not going to culinary school?  No.  I believe that I know much more about food and wine than most people who have a degree.  I think that my lack of formal training enabled me to be less structured with recipes and techniques which allowed me to truly express my "inner chef".  I still have the dream of someday opening my own restaurant as proprietor and chef, once I've extinguished my current repertoire of spaghetti-os and cheese pizza. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey .. ever thought about doing the whole "personal chef" thing? My former boss left the lovely, fabulous world of entertainment to start her own business as a personal chef - and she LOVES it.

Anonymous said...

i can totally relate to what you say about your "lack of formal training" and being "less structured" - ahhh, no boundaries! that's exactly how i describe my music. i can't read it or write it (formally) but i can absolutely create it, wholeheartedly. it's channeled. ~ any suggestions on how i can be a healthy vegetarian? my passion doesn't fall in any of the food groups. perhaps you can enlighten me. :)