Wednesday, October 8, 2003

FAQ part 2

(read previous entry first)

I spent a lot of time learning about the business in the year that I worked there, until I was approached by one of our regular customers to consider going to work for him at the Omni hotel, which was due to open soon.  I jumped at his offer, and spent many hours in training, and helping to get the hotel opened, and was given the title "Service Coordinator", which functioned as a Maitre D'.  I enjoyed my time there, though after 2 years, I quit, due to the crap that we had to deal with that came from being owned by a hotel.  I took a little time away from the business at that time, though a few months later found that I missed the restaurant business, and wanted to see if I would be happy working in a privately-owned establishment.  Enter Pesto.  Pesto was a Northern Italian restaurant located downtown, and I spent 5 happy years there, 4 as the General Manager.  I enjoyed almost everything about my position, but mostly being in charge of the menu, and recipe development.  I spent more time in the kitchen than in the front of the house. After leaving Pesto, I managed a bed and breakfast, which entailed everything from cleaning toilets to making breakfast.  Also during this time, I started catering out of my home.    My last job in the business was at the Skyline Club, where I'd just been offered the Maitre D' position, but had to turn it down, due to my impending marraige and baby...(continued)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

impending - strong descriptive! :) so, are you still catering out of your home?