Monday, October 6, 2003

So~ I'm behind...sue me.

Yes, my previous post did kinda say that I had some work in progress, and due to a couple of emails, I'm guessing that some of you think that I had some juicy story to perfect.  Well, you're wrong.  The work in progress is ME. 

However...

The weekend wasn't a total bust, Lonny called me Saturday morning to tell me that he was on his way over and that we were going to Ohio.  Huh?  Okay, um, well, I was knee-deep in laundry, (read-nothing clean to pack), and hadn't showered, and mostly- my KIDS were home.  DF (dumb-fuck for you newbies), didn't show to pick them up this weekend, (surprised? not.), so I was planning on doing the Mommy thing all weekend, but noooo, Lonny had other plans.  I just could not imagine dealing with both kids in the car for a 3 hour trip there, short visit, then 3 hours back.  But, as luck would have it, Nana wanted to have sis stay overnight, so I only had to worry about Jacob.  We finally  (bold, underlined, italics), got our show on the road at 5:30, (yeah, p.m.), and made it to Lonny's dad's house at 10:00 Ohio time, and stayed for a mere 2 hours, then drove home.  Why?  I don't know. I guess because Lonny said so.  The good news?  Jacob was a perfect angel.  The bad news?  When we got home at 3 a.m., Jacob decided that it was morning, and was ready for a bagel and cartoons.  I let him.  Why not?  You're only almost-2 once.

The trip was fun, 'cause it gave Lonny and I several hours just to talk, although his Caddy was up to the usual tricks.  For those of you who remember my "What I did for the Fourth of July" story, (I'll try to dig it up this week) - does "Transmition Hot~Idle Engine" ring a bell? Let me just say that Lonny's car is posessed, and it's time to trade that sucker in!

No comments: