Tuesday, April 13, 2004

The Passion of the Scanner

It lives!  It is risen!  My scanner has come back from the dead! 

Verily, it will haunt ye the remainder of thy days.

 

Yes, I found that by merely plugging the scanner in,  it works.  Just in time for the Big Announcement, too, but that will have to wait.  For, like, a few days. 

 

Anyhoo~ in the meantime I thought I'd share a couple of funnies.  These are courtesy of my daughter, ("Sis").

We had a family gathering last week at my folks place.  There was a woodpecker out back.   He was dead, beak down on the wood.  I knew as soon as Sis saw it, she'd obsess about it.  As soon as she spotted it, she said, "oooh, look at the pretty swan".  I reply, "That's a woodpecker".    She looks closer and said "Is it pecking the wood?".  Nana says to her, "well, that's what woodpeckers do".   Sis looks straight at me and says, "I think it's stuck!". 

 

Yesterday there was an 18-wheeler leaving our neighborhood, and Sis asked me what it was doing.  I told her it had probably made a delivery to someone's house.  She said they must have been really hungry to need that much pizza.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big announcement?  Big Tease, you mean.  ;-)

Anonymous said...

Big announcement??????????????????????????