Saturday, April 17, 2004

Where are the April Showers??

I have things to do today.  Lots of things, in fact, but they all involve being outside.  Now, this generally would not be a problem, but it is currently 82 F. outside, and I have no wish to be a part of it. 

Yes, I love warm weather.  I love being outside and becoming one with nature, but considering that I was still wearing my winter coat this time last week, it's a little too much too soon.  My lily-white self needs some time to acclimate to this kind of heat.  My skin hasn't seen one bit of sunlight since last fall, and I refuse to blind those around me by exposing myself in shorts and a tank top.  I'll take some time this week to apply my tan-from-a-bottle, allowing me to shed my long sleeves and pants, but you can be pretty sure that once I'm the perfect shade of not-so-white, we will get get another snowstorm.   

I'm gonna go peel off my jeans and put on some shorts, then go close all the curtains.  My neighbors will thank me! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah! The old skimpy dress with closed curtains routine. yep.  I'm very familiar with that one.  Yessirreeebubba.  (looks around apartment to ensure curtains are completely closed) ... pale is in, babe.  embrace your paleness.