Wednesday, April 7, 2004

Woot!  I can post again!  Though it's only because I typed a little "beta" at the beginning of my journal address, then was able to edit.  Beta saved the day!

Not that I have much to say.

I do have tulips blooming, but the daffodils haven't sprung open yet.  My weeping cherry trees just opened a couple of buds, and the Bradford pear trees will be in full bloom by the weekend.  This is such a beautiful time of year that it's hard to concentrate my efforts indoors.  It still has yet to really warm up here, but I should have a solid month of nice weather before the cicadas emerge.  Don't think I'll be wanting to spend much time in the garden then.

Anyone care to name Food Friday this week?  O is for......?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so good to have you back, Grace.  It's been hell without you.

"O" is for Oranges?  I happen to have about 10 of them sitting in my fruit bowl...which I'll never finish on their own.  Other than juice, what can I make?

"O" is for Okra??  I've never tried it...and you know I try something new each year.

"O" is for Orange Roughy?  I'm not great at cooking fish, but I love to eat it.  If only I had more recipies, I may just go healthy on ya'll.

"O" is for Onion?  Other than sauteed....my onion recipies are limited.

"O" is for Olives?  We all know they're the perfect accent to martinis...but what else can we create with these little treasures?

Anonymous said...

O is for Oriental
O is for "Original" recipe
O is for Origami

Anonymous said...

O is for ... Oh My God, is it really time for another Food Friday?!
O is for ... Out-of-the-Ordinary, Oven-baked-brownies, Open-flame s'mores, Olive oil [that's a double-O], Oranges, Octopus [don't do it!!]

Anonymous said...

Please not Olives.
Oranges? Might be limiting.
Onions?  Shrek-fodder for sure.

My vote is "O" is for "Outdoors" -- food suitable for picnics and the like.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Tuna - outdoors would be great!  Especially recipes that are easy to MAKE outdoors as well..   like with a, um, small one burner stove... :)

Anonymous said...

O is for "Oh my God the cicadas are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They look like hairy bumblebees. Ugh.
Mary