Saturday, March 13, 2004

Creepy Crawlies

It's almost that time again.  Time for Brood X~ the largest. brood. EVER. to rear their ugly heads.

Here is the map, so you can see if you're going to be knee-deep in this with me.    The epicenter of this ickyness is less than 60 miles south of me, and considering that my house backs up to woods, this does not bode well for me.  My cats are already licking their chops, and today I am going  to buy a screen enclosure for my gazebo.

I've already got the willies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have but one thing to say: Bag of Plagues! It looks like you'll have your own live-in variety. Yeesh. ~~GreenTuna

Anonymous said...

Heh, plagues... Anyway, these things don't actually destroy anything do they, like locusts?

Anonymous said...

Cicadas infested trees at my parent's house in AZ and sometimes the sound from them was so loud you had to turn up the television to be able to hear it. The web link at the bottom of your map link has some mp3 soundbites of their sounds. Ah, good times!

Anonymous said...

Not sure which is more disturbing, these things or the hammock photo below!