Monday, March 22, 2004

Hakuna Matata

Went to see The Lion King last night.  The show is an amazing combination of music, costumes and puppetry.  It was a long one, (well over 2 hours), but the show was exciting throughout.  Our seats were equally amazing.  We had Royal Balcony seats, which were front row, center of the lower balcony at the Murat Shrine Theatre. I smuggled Skittles and cookies into the show, fearing that my four year-old would have trouble sitting still that long, but she was so engrossed in the show,  I didn't have to worry about her being restless or falling asleep.   After the show, she asked my why the "lions" wanted dalmations.  I started to make a smart remark about how they must need a snack, then remembered that one of the actors had asked for donations for the Broadway Cares fund. She seemed relieved to hear that the lions wouldn't be eating any dogs after the show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace, for a second I thought maybe Disney had put together some kind of Lion King/101 Dalmations crossover show. It wouldn't surprise me. Could thing Cruella never made an appearance after all...

Anonymous said...

So...then...are there any skittles and cookies left? :)