Monday, March 29, 2004

Kids Say the Most Embarrassing Things

What a beautiful weekend we had!  The weather reached nearly 80 degrees here yesterday!  My hyacinths are in bloom, and many of my other lovlelies have greened up.  Of course, it's supposed to freeze later this week, so we're pretty much screwed, but it was fun while it lasted.

Thanks to those friends who asked about my daughter.  She was sick all last week with a cold, and she had developed a deep cough over the weekend, and Saturday night started running a fever.  Poor thing was a mess.  She woke up Sunday feeling better, but still had that nasty cough.  Last night before bed she got feverish again, so I decided to sleep next to her, (thankfully she has a double bed!).  Fevers can do funny things.  Last night she woke up and said "hairdo" then went back to sleep.  A little while later, sat up and said "money", then back down.  An hour or so later, turned to me and said "I hear the cereal".  In my delirious sleep-deprived state I stared at the ceiling while visions of Snap, Crackle and Pop ran through my head.

Today she seems fine, other than the neverending cough.  She got up and ate breakfast for the first time in three days, (not cereal), and is quietly playing with her dollies now.  I just told her that next week she gets to go see her new school and meet her Kindergarten teachers for the fall.  Her only concern is that if she's in a play at school, she might fall off the stage. 

Speaking of funny things she says, yesterday I had to take the kids to the store to pick up some more cough syrup, and while we were standing in line, she asked me, in a rather loud voice, why there were so many fat people there.  D'oh!  I quickly exited the store after making my purchase, then explained the concept of tact to her on the way home.   That's a lesson that I hope she learns before she starts Kindergarten this fall!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cuuuute! How is she feeling today? Hope she's well soon - so you can get some rest. :) xo

Anonymous said...

Kids say the darndest things. Kinda like a former flame's son that asked me oh-so-innocently "When are you gonna have a baby so you can be skinny like my mommy?"

*sigh*