Monday, March 1, 2004

In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb

Speaking of flowers, I walked around my yard yesterday, and noticed most of my spring flowers have begun to emerge. I am most excited to see the blue tulips I planted last fall, though it is still a bit early for them to emerge, most of the other bulbs already have.  Here are the things that waved hello to me yesterday: Hyacinth, crocus, mountain garlic, iris, lillies, columbine, yarrow, forget-me-nots, thyme, sorrel, stonecrop, and there are even some buds on the early clematis.  I have two Bradford pear trees, two fountain cherry trees, and one dogwood that are full of buds and will make a spectacular display this spring.  My morning glory and hollyhock seeds have sprouted indoors and will give me something to fuss over for the next six weeks or so.  I have a feeling you won't be seeing much of me then, but I intend to go buy a new digital camera to share the joy I sow. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring is in the air. Every morning for a week now I've been soaking up the scent of spring in my neighborhood. I LOVE jasmine! I LOVE roses! I LOVE the colors! I MISS my garden :( Sad. Please take pics - post them often! And if you can figure how to do it, can you post the scent as well? Thanks Grace! :)

Anonymous said...

I love spring for the simple reason of the flowers!
Mary

Anonymous said...

Yes, I had some crocuses (crocii?) that I noticed were starting to come up, too. Spring can't get here fast enough!