Monday, February 16, 2004

Avoid the Noid Part II

Enter Pizza Hut.  Several months ago I ordered pizza online from them.  A few minutes after sending the order, I got a confirmation email telling me how much my pizza would cost, and how long it would take to be delivered.  Over an hour later, my pizza still hadn't arrived, so I called the restaurant and asked what the deal was.  The lady told me that their store wasn't open for business, because they were in the middle of remodeling.  After telling her that I was extremely upset about the situation, since I'd gotten an confirmation of my order, she said someone else had called about the same problem earlier in the evening, and that she just didn't understand how it happened.  Then she said she was sorry.  That was it.  Of course, I sent Pizza Hut an email explaining the story to them, and have not received a response from them either.  Strike three.

Tonight I ordered from Domino's Pizza.  I used a coupon to get pizza and breadsticks, then added an order of Dots and a two liter of Diet Coke.  The pizza came on time, and was tasty, but when I opened my family's box of beloved Dots, imagine my surprise to find that instead of the cinammon and sugar-coated Dots with icing on the side, these Dots were covered with garlic and cheese, with a side of marinara.  I quickly called the restaurant and explained the error.  The store manager explained that the company changed Dots a couple of months ago.  I told him that I never got that memo, and that it was a rediculous idea for them to change a product that was well-known into something completely different without also changing the name.  He then said that he could credit me with a free order of Dots the next time I ordered.  I told him that it was nice of him to try to make ammends, but that did nothing for my two children who were crying because they didn't get their dessert.  He told me that he could send an order of Cinna-Sticks to me, but it would take quite a while, because they were extremely busy, (with customers who matter, obviously).  Well, it is now 8:30 p.m.  No Cinna-Sticks yet, which means that if they come, they'll have to be breakfast for the kids tomorrow.

The only thing I have left to say on this subject is that Papa John's had better watch their step, otherwise I will be forced to stock up on Red Baron at the grocery store. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is incredible! What rotten luck. You know that most those chains have teenagers as managers? Ha! Of course they don't care. In an industry where it is so competetive you'd think customer service would be v. important!
Mary

Anonymous said...

Taken from an email from Babyfishfel~
"Sorry to hear about your pizza delivery troubles. It's a customer serviceless world."

Anonymous said...

GRACE! Pizza Am Good! Try DiGiorno (or however it's spelled), that stuff is good. I've had some horrific pizza delivery experiences, but, I'm weak .. I always seem to bounce back. I think it's mandatory to be a rude, clueless butthole to work at a pizza place. I'm serious!