Friday, February 6, 2004

It's a Free-for-All Food Friday!

I don't have time to post much now, but I'll give you a family favorite to enjoy.

 

Potato and Apple Pancakes

These make a delicious side dish to pork.

1 egg

1 Tbs. flour

1 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. petpper

1 apple, (I prefer crisp varieties such as Granny Smith)

1 lb. potatoes, (about 3)

1 Tbs. oil

Sour cream, optional

Heat oven to 250 degrees.  Beat together the egg, flour, salt and pepper.  Peel and chop the apple.  Peel the potatoes and grate them.  Stir the apple and potatoes into the egg mixture.  Heat 1 Tbs. of the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.  Pour in about 1/2 cup of batter for each pancake and flatten.  Fry as many pancakes as you can at a time without crowding.  Cook them until golden, 3-4 minutes per side. Keep the pancakes warm in the oven while cooking the remainder.  Add the remaining oil as needed.  Serve with sour cream if you like.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like LATKE'S to me!!!
:-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, Kat, you're right, except I wouldn't be able to say they went great with pork if I called them Latkes. Hee.

Anonymous said...

This recipe made me want to go shopping for pork. Am going to try this.