Friday, February 20, 2004

Porcupine Balls

 My Mom and I both make these a lot.  She uses the mixture to stuff green peppers, too. (Yuck!)
1 lb. hamburger
1/2 c. uncooked, reg. rice
1/3 c. onion, chopped
1/2 c. water
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 c. water
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. celery salt
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Mix hamburger, rice, 1/2 cup water, onion, salt, celery salt, garlic powder and pepper. Shape mixture by rounded tablespoons into 12 balls. Cook meatballs in 10 inch skillet until brown on all sides; drain.

Mix remaining ingredients; pour over meatballs. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 45 minutes. (Add water during cooking, if necessary.) Makes 4-5 servings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This? Sounds YUMMY. And easy! And has "balls" in the name! In short, totally my kind of recipe!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I've been looking for a good recipie for stuffing red peppers! I think I'll try this out next week. Thanks Grace! :)