Sunday, February 15, 2004

For Better or For Worse

I turned on the television this afternoon, and the TLC show "For Better or For Worse" was on.  Yeah, the reality wedding show.  And, because I couldn't find the remote fast enough, I got sucked in. Although I felt sorry for the bride who had to wear a fugly wedding gown, I decided that this concept would be great in real life, (without the cameras and the blonde host, please.) Your wedding is designed by the people who know you and love you best, not some overblown wedding planner.   The idea of your family and your friends creating such a personal ceremony, choosing the setting, the food, the flowers,  the cake, the decor, etc., seems so personal and intimate.

 The couple on the show that I watched were a little freaked out about it at first, because they don't get to see or know anything until shortly before the ceremony. By the end of the show, however, it was a beautiful ceremony and everyone was crying tears of joy, except for the bride, who was probably crying about her hideous gown.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*shudder* .. I can only imagine what type of wedding my friends would come up with for me. YIKES!