Monday, February 16, 2004

Avoid the Noid

Ah, the joys of pizza being delivered hot and fresh to your door.  Unless you are me.  There is no joy for me, the mighty pizza joints are striking out. 

I'll start at the beginning...

A few months ago, I ordered pizza from Noble Romans.  The pizza came, yet it wasn't what I had ordered.  I always order plain old cheese pizza, because it is the only kind that my kids will eat, but this one was loaded with toppings.  Being that it was already past dinner time when the pizza arrived, I had to fix the kids something else for dinner.  I then called Noble Romans and told them about their error.  The manager appologized and told me that he would give me a free large pizza then next time I called.  I asked if they would be sending me a certificate, but he explained that they don't mail anything, they just keep it on record.  So, about a month or so later, I called Noble Romans and ordered a large pizza, then explained who I was and that I should be receiving it free, but the manager told me that he would not honor that.  He told me that he was new to that store, and had no record of the error and I would have to pay for my pizza.  I promptly cancelled my order, then got online to send an email to Noble Romans about my experience.  I haven't  heard back, (it's been a year now), and haven't called them since.

The next issue was with Circle City Pizza, (formerly the Jack's pizza chain).  I called them one evening, was put on hold for about 5 minutes, then was hung up on.  I called back and was asked to hold again.  When I finally spoke with someone, I started to place my order and was asked to hold again. When the employee returned to me, he was terribly rude, so I asked to speak to the manager.  I nicely told the manager about what had happened with the first and second calls I had made to them, and then how rudely I had been treated.  The manager did not care. He wanted to know what he was supposed to do about it, and I told him that he should talk to the employee about his people-skills, and if he valued me as a customer, he would find a way to make up for the trouble I'd been through. Well,  he didn't, and after telling him how I really felt, I crossed them off my list, too.

(continued below)

No comments: