Tuesday, February 17, 2004

I'm Just Sayin'

Living in the land of Blogville is time-consuming.  Definitely worth it, though it takes a commitment to read and comment in other's journals, as well as keeping one's own updated. 

There are twenty-five blogs on my "favorites" list, although there are a few more blogs that I haven't entered there that I read semi-regularly.  I've gotten pretty familiar with everyone's style and pace, and when I need a quick fix, I know exactly which blogs to run to for some fresh reading, and am rarely disappointed.  There are others that I go to almost as frequently in hope of find something new, but many times leave empty handed, (headed?).  Then there are the ones who rarely update, so when I visit and find something recently entered, it's like a special treat.  Most of you that have blogs know which category you are in, and I don't want anyone to feel that I'm saying that you are not putting enough out there, 'cause lets face it~ if everyone was prolific, It would be hard to keep up with them all.  

Everyone has their own writing personality~ some prefer a short and sweet style, others have a tendency to be lengthy.  Some are humorous, others are more serious.  Many keep it light and fluffy, and some are deep and thoughtful.  I am often inspired by the entries I read, and am almost always entertained by them. 

Many of my fellow bloggers have a legion of readers, others have a more intimate following.  Some get comments every day, others perhaps every other week. One even refuses to have a guestbook, which makes me admire her and encourages me to email her when I have something I want to say.

I have thought a lot about my space here lately, and have considered moving to a new site that doesn't stifle my creativity the way AOL does.  My writing style has changed, conformed to the AOL Terms of Service, (usually), and this has caused me to cuss out loud instead of here on these pages.  It has also tried to force me into keeping my entries under 2,500 characters, unless I want to do multiple-part entries which require cutting, (Ctrl "C"), and pasting (Ctrl "V").  Many times I've completed an exhausting entry, only to it sacrificed to the AOL demons.  I've been made aware that AOL is supposed to increase our word count, but that has yet to happen, and I'm getting frustrated.

(Continued below. Heh.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like "I'm Just Sayin'" (we both seem to say that a lot) .. that and "S'all I'm Sayin". If you ever start another blog elsewhere -outside of AOLhell- I think you should call it "I'm Just Sayin'".