Monday, November 3, 2003

Grace's Book of the Week Club

The list of books I've read lately is a little weird, but I'm willing to put it out there and subject myself to much ridicule, just for the sake of saying that I read more than just online journals.  The theme here is "old-timey" stuff, because my Mom just gave me a box of books that belonged to her, my Grandma and my Great-Grandma.  Many of these books were very fragile, and several were first editions.  All were satisfying to me, because I just love to learn about the past.  I always start to crave Laura Ingalls Wilder books this time of year, so I'll probably be heading to the library soon.

THE LIST:

Little Women and Under the Lilacs- Louisa May Alcott

With Spurs- E.B. Mann

Five Little Peppers and How They Grew- Margaret Sidney

Arizona Ames- Zane Grey

Go West Young Lady- Inez Specking

The Picture of Dorian Gray- Oscar Wilde

Paradise Lost- John Milton

True to Her King- Julia Glover

Arimathea's Gift- Lovesta Dorwin Davis

Heidi -Johanna Spyri  (In progress)

I've really enjoyed reading these books, though most of them I'd already read when I was younger. I've always loved learning books about the settlers, (pioneers), and about the old west.  Ahh- Simple times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved old frontier stories too! A good one I've read this year is called, "A sweetness to the soul" Its great if you can find it.

Anonymous said...

Wow! It would take me years to get through that list with journals, blogs, websites, chat, magazines, and other life to digest! I used to read books. I remember books.....