Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Well, I may soon have another mouth to feed.  After a year away, our dog Zoey may be coming back to live with us.  Zoey, a chow, went with my ex when he moved out last year, because I figured I had enough to do with the kids and the cats.  But now, Zoey is not being adequately cared for, and is in need of a good home.  I cannnot ignore this situation, and could not live with myself if she were to be taken to the Humane Society, so unless someone expresses interest in her this week, she'll be coming back home.  This news does not please me.  Zoey is a very good dog.  She's sweet, and very pretty, but she poops.  Dog poop.  Poop that stinks.  Poop that will be randomly scattered about my back yard.  I have a child that recently began to use the regular toilet, but I still must supervise this operation.  I have another child who is still in diapers, who requires me to attend to him several times a day.  I have two cats who use a litter box that requires daily sifting and weekly changing.  And now?  I will have to walk around my fairly large back yard with a scoop and a bag to avoid stinky land mines.   

The happy part of this will be that Zoey will be much better off and my children will be ecstatic.  Oh Joy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh...welcome to my world! You do know your kids will be long out of diapers and you'll still be scooping poop, right? But, the unconditional love you receive from Zoey will far outweigh the poop! And if you don't want to clean it from your backyard all the time, walk her (of course, you'll still have to clean it up...but at least it won't be in your yard). Have fun!