Wednesday, November 12, 2003

So yesterday was Veteran's Day.  But, because it didn't appear on my AOL welcome screen yesterday, I had no idea.  The day was supposed to be a productive one for me, since my Mom called Monday night and said that she'd pick the kids up from preschool Tuesday morning and keep them for the day.  So, after I dropped the kids off, I went back home, spent and hour or so gathering the paperwork, etc. that I needed for my errands, then drove downtown.  1st stop~ the bank.  CLOSED.   2nd stop ~  County Office of Family and Children ~ CLOSED, (even though their voice mail said that they were "in today"), 3rd stop ~ clerk's office ~ CLOSED.  The worst thing of it all ~  I still had to pay the parking meter, although on most holidays you don't.  So~ Veteran's Day is good enough for City/County offices and banks, but not good enough for parking meters?

So, after getting nothing on my list done, I consoled myself with a Super Target shopping spree.  At least it was open!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - not laughing at you...laughing at the situation. Bummer - but woohoo...spontaneous target shopping spree!!

Anonymous said...

You can always count on good old Tar-jay.

Anonymous said...

Haha, the AOL Welcome screen does save us over and over; they should consider using it as a marketing angle. They were remiss yesterday and see what happened!