Wednesday, December 3, 2003

Access Denied

Occasionally when I'm online, I'll get an Instant Message from someone I don't know.  From past experience, I've learned that these messages are from men, (frequently married ones), who are looking for  flirty or sexual chat.  Thankfully, AOL 9.0 comes with "IM catcher" which filters out IMs from people who aren't on my buddy list, which allows me to either accept the message or ignore it.  Today I received one from a user who's name I didn't recognize, so to make sure it wasn't someone I knew, I looked up his profile, and listed under Hobbies and Interests, this guy had typed "old things".  I assure you, I did not answer this IM, and I want to tell  this person that  he needs to get a life and leave us old things alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just what do you mean ...... he should "get a life" (me!) and leave us old things (not really old, not like life) alone! Or am I overreacting after posting my birthday on Looking Good.

My Buddy List problem is that 'buddies' appear on my list without my approval, like unwanted IM'ers. If ever there was a need for a pop-up (Do you want to add DirtyMind to your Buddy List YES NO) this is it. ------lifeonhold