Saturday, December 13, 2003

Yet another Tale of Three Davids

On Friday, December 12, 2003, a miracle happened in Indianapolis.  David G. actually came to pick up the kids for the weekend. AND gave me some money.  It's true, I swear on my navy Hilfiger pants. 

Recap- David G. picked up the kids.  I skipped back into the house and called Lonny to tell him of the miracle,  (He didn't believe it either.)  Since it was a last-minute miracle, I had no real plan for the weekend, so I asked Lonny if he wanted to do something.  He said that he had worked 12 hour shifts all week, and still had to work all weekend.  I whined.  He gave in and took a "personal day" off Saturday.  Now that, my friends, is a true friend.  Anyhoo~ After a quick jaunt to the liquor store, I went to his house.  First, we went out and did some Christmas shopping, then later ended up at a party, where, unfortunately, we were the only guests.  After staying as long as it took to not piss off the host, (approx 24 minutes), we bolted.  We went to a couple of bars downtown, then drove back to Lonny's where we drank and watched "Too Wong Foo", and "First Wives Club".  Perfect movies for a gal and her gay date.  We ended up pulling an all-nighter, and at some time around 8 in the morning, I remembered that I'd left my cell in the car, so I fetched it and  noticed that I'd missed two calls.  Both from David F.  Now to refresh your memory, David F. looks almost identical to Burton, though he's a bit taller. And you know how I feel about Burton.  He'd left the first message while Lonny and I were out shopping, the second message was sometime during "To Wong Foo".  He missed me.  He wanted to see me.  He neeeeded me, (well, that was the impression I got, anyhow.)  I knew I'd missed my chance to see him, and it pained me.  A lot.  Well, at least for a few seconds, until Lonny mentioned that the stores were now open, and that we could go shopping again.  We had a fun day together, and I finally returned home in the afternoon.  As I contemplated the upcoming evening's entertainment possibilites, the phone rang... 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Grace, this is a great entry! I laughed all the way through. So many Davids, dang! Great moral. LOL The 24-minute party, bar-hopping, First Wives Club [great movie] and shopping again in the morning ROTF! I LOVE that you did absolute nothingness after all that! What's FAP and HT?

Anonymous said...

Yay us! Yay chat! I still have to wonder if the three Daves aren't the three wise guys? Afterall, David G. brought gold. Chat was a hoot and the absolute best moments of my day. Looking at my watch....less than 12 hours until Survivor.
WOOT!
~~GreenTuna (getting ready for church)

Anonymous said...

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang .. I missed chat! *pouty face* .. musta logged out too soon, or too late. poo!

Anonymous said...

We benefited from the Dave missteps, but you failed to reveal the Dave (or other) behind the 12:30 AM booty-call. Enquiring minds want to know!