Wednesday, December 3, 2003

Got Love? Part 1

Last week sucked for me.  Thanksgiving and the following day were especially tough..  I did spend a few hours at my folks house, eating the traditional meal, which was great, but once I returned home, I fell into a deep funk.  Most of that had to do with the fact that Dumb Fuck was supposed to pick the kids up Thanksgiving afternoon, but failed to call or to show up.  This is not unusual for him, but when it happens on a holiday, it's especially difficult to handle.  This was my first real holiday as a single parent, and it really got to me. In addition to this, Lonny was supposed to come over Thanksgiving evening, and after a half dozen phone calls to tell me that he'd be here soon, he finally confessed that he wasn't going to make it.  Also~ Dumb-Fuck's mom, (who I have a very close relationship with), never called to wish me or her grandchildren a happy Thanksgiving, although I called her 3 times that day to no avail.   On top of that, I was very sad that my friend Carol is out in Phoenix by herself for the first time, and I was originally supposed to spend the week with her. (Thanks to D.F. though, I couldn't go).  There were a few other issues bothering me, so that by Thanksgiving night, I was in tears, and it didn't get any better until Saturday, when I finally stopped feeling sorry for myself.  What snapped me out of it?  Well, I received two letters in the mail.  One was from my brother, Keith, who had hand-written me a nice, long letter telling me that he was proud of me for keeping myself together through my divorce, and that I was a strong and worthy person whom  he admired.  It made me cry, (good tears this time).  The other was a card from a dear friend of my Mom's who goes go our church. She wrote a few words about her own divorce years ago, and how she was able to pull through it, and had some very nice things to say about me.  (More tears). 

(continued below)

No comments: