Friday, December 5, 2003

The Greasy Spork

Alex just found the individually-wrapped utensil that came with my lunch today. (No, I didn't use it, I like getting taco sauce under my nails, thankyouverymuch.)  She looked at it quizzically and asked what it was.  I told her it was a spork, and she cracked up.  Sporks am funny. 

After she stopped laughing, she noted the merits of the spork. "You can stab your food, or you can scoop it, then you don't have to wash the spork, you just throw it away."  Pretty astute for a 4 year-old, no?!

Oh~ speaking of Taco Bell, (still and again), you can now opt to order your food "el fresco" style which they tout as being lower in fat than the traditional way.  "el fresco" means that they'll leave the cheese off, and top your taco with salsa instead.  I contemplated this as I licked the bright orange grease that was trickling down my hand from the ground beef, and thought how considerate it was of them to be so concerned about my fat intake. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dag Gummit, Grace! Now I have to go to Taco Bell tonight .. Mmmm... orange beef grease. yum-yum. ~TVJ~

Anonymous said...

MMM, taco grease. Nectar of the GODS!

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful the way things stay the same. My big Taco Bell addiction was during my first year of college in CA. I frequented one place so much they would prepare my order when they'd see me drive into the parking lot.