Wednesday, December 3, 2003

Got Love? Part 2

And finally, to put the crowning touch on all of this, Lonny stopped by and gave me a letter he wrote to me.  In it, he told me that I brought him a lot of happiness, and that no one in the world cares for him or has ever shown it the way that I do.  In with the letter was a dainty silver ring that he wanted me to have as a token of his love and appreciation. This is the first time in seven years that he has expressed himself in that manner to me, and it made me feel so special, (and of course, cry again.)

I have always been the kind of person who lets people know what they mean to me.  I let them know I care and that I love them.  I compliment them, and try to do nice things.  I think it's so important to tell the people you love or admire how you feel about them.  Sometimes they  need to hear those things more than you know. I urge each of you to reach out to someone who makes a difference in your life. 

 Thank you to those people who lifted my spirits this  past week by taking the time to show you care when I needed it the most.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this, Grace. I would expand on how your words have just touched me, but I have to go fix my make up. You're quite a unique and special person. ~TVJ~

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was touching. I was funked out some of the holiday and afterwards and it was you and other chat peeps that got me out of it last night.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how you always get what you need? You have compelled me to look around and see if anyone needs a friend.

Anonymous said...

(Look who made it to the party! Yay, Safari!) I should tell you how much I appreciate your appreciation of me. But that is not why I'm posting. I'm posting to suggest that those of us who fall into deep funks from time to time create a bat signal that we can flash into the sky in order to ask for help when help is so very much needed. Because sometimes, I don't read the message in time to offer assistance.