Friday, December 26, 2003

It's Food Friday~ Yummy New Year

It's official!  Fridays are all about food!

Post a food related entry into your own journal today, (and every Friday), leave a food-y comment here~   Recipes, Stories, Photos, Tips...

Since New Year's Eve is quickly approaching, today's theme is Yummy New Year.  Perhaps you'd like to share your favorite appetizer recipe that would be perfect for a New Year's Eve party, (or anything involving Champagne;). Or you could divulge your "good luck" dish for New Year's Day,  (My family's traditional meal is corned beef and cabbage!)  Whatever you do~ make it delicious!

I'll be posting my Yummy New Year entry later... right after breakfast*

 

Until we eat again,

Chef Grace

 

*Breakfast Cheesecake in a Bowl~Vanilla yogurt, sliced strawberries and graham cracker crumbs.   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My New Year's tradition (and superstition) is to eat something with noodles on New Year's Eve. We've done this since I was a little kid. My mom always said that "Long noodles = long life". So, it was usually Top Ramen for New Year's Eve. Even if we had a big, traditional dinner, we had to eat noodles before we went to bed.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Friday reminder, Grace. Corned beeg and cabbage certainly perked up this Irish lass's ears! I've got my Friday food recipe posted on Copssister's Capers...and some of the HT regulars should get a kick out of the one I chose to post. I've heard pork on New Year's Day is for good luck during the year.

On a side note, Grace....we all know you're HOT - but did you truly need to light yourself afire to prove the point?

Anonymous said...

What a fine idea! I should have figured from your screen name you were a foodie! Hee hee. I'll have to come back to post a recipe. I think I'll post an original one, the one I made up when I learned I couldn't have wheat anymore. It's for flax seed crackers. Very healthy, delicious--and great topped with cream cheese and a spot of sundried tomato in olive oil. I have to go look it up! ~~Judy