Sunday, December 28, 2003

What is that smell?

Why do the best holidays occur in the coldest months?  I'm pretty sure that Christmas would be just fine without the snow.  One of my favorite Christmas memories is a year, (1973?), we spent in Florida at my Grandparent's cabin.  We had a pinata instead of a tree, and thought it was so cool that we were wearing shorts.  It  didn't matter too much that I caught strep throat and had to spend most of the time in bed.  My Mom doesn't have the fondest memories of this year.  She bought a gallon of fresh orange juice that had a leak in it, so that by the time we got home to Indianapolis, the gallon jug was empty, and the entire trunk was saturated.  It was her brand-new Chevy Malibu, and that car was never again the same.  Have you ever smelled spoiled orange juice?  We have.  For 8 years straight.  

My sister and I still laugh about that.  My Mom is still bitter.

No comments: