Saturday, December 27, 2003

Saturday Night Live

Hellooooo [echo]  [echo]   [echo]

Sure is quiet around  Blogville today.  

I hope everyone is having a safe and happy weekend. 

Another recipe, in honor of the upcoming New Year...

Eggnog French Toast

2 C. prepared eggnog

12 thick slices very dry firm white bread

8 Tbs. unsalted butter

Pour the eggnog into a shallow bowl and dip the bread slices into the eggnog, turning to coat both sides. 

Melt 2 Tbs. of the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.  Add 2 or 3 slices of the bread and fry unil golden on both sides.  Repeat with the remaining bread and butter.  Serve with maple syrup, melted preserves, or honey.

Makes 6 servings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh YUM!! This is a must try...I have the eggnog, but not the bread!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm..I'm not normally a nog kinda person .. but this sounds pretty darn good! I might just have to give this a try. yum.

Anonymous said...

This sounds great... I don't like eggnog but this could be an excellent use. Someone told me that if you add Captain Morgan's spiced rum to the eggnog, it's pretty tasty.