Friday, January 16, 2004

Cheese-Stuffed Chicken with Bacon

This recipe is special enough for a dinner party, yet easy enough for any night of the week.  Try varying the type of cheese and herbs, for a twist.  This makes 4 servings.

2- 1oz. sticks sting cheese

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lbs)

1/2 tsp. dried sage

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

4 strips bacon

Heat oven to 500 degrees.  Cut the cheese sticks in half crosswise.  Pound the chicken breasts lightly to an even thickness.  Sprinkle the rough side of each breast with sage, salt and pepper.  Roll each, seasonings inside, around a cheese stick, tucking in the ends so the chese won't leak out, and secure with toothpicks.  Wrap each breast with a strip of bacon and put in a roasting pan.  Bake until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon is browned, about 15 minutes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Cheezus! Five entries about cheese! If I had it in me, I'd cook up a storm [probably literally] but it took me 4 hours to make pear cake with SloMo's help even. All the while she made 3 different kinds of cookies, brownies, cake, pie, bread, took pics, posted an entry, and was cleaning up when I was still poking my cakes for moistness. [got any simple recipes for me??] Love ya Grace! xo

Anonymous said...

Wow - look at all this cheesy stuff. I LOVE cheese but hardly ever touch it. I guess I'm cheesaphobic. I hate how it goes straight to my butt. These look mighty good though!
Kat

Anonymous said...

sounds yummy ~ think I'll try this one.
Monica