Saturday, January 24, 2004

A Side of Rehash~ leftover from Food Friday

I've had a couple of inquiries about the chocolate torte posted below, wanting to know if the almonds may be omitted.  Although I have made this recipe twice, and have made it with the almonds, (I grind them almost to a powder), I'm fairly certain that the recipe will not suffer by omitting them.  Try it and see. 

I will give you my recipe for Raspberry Coulis, which I had to dig for, since I generally just throw this one together.

2 Cups unsweetened fresh or frozen raspberries

2 Tbs. sugar, (you might add up to another Tbs, according to taste)

2 tsp. cornstarch

In small saucean, cook raspberries over medium heat until soft.  Combine sugar and cornstarch; stir into raspberries.  Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly, about 5 minutes.  Strain sauce through seive. 

I always pour my sauce into a squeeze-type bottle with a pointy nozzle, so that I can create designs on the plate when serving.  Keep this sauce in the refridgerator, and bring it to room temp to easily squeeze.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, the raspberry sauce is just like me...must be brought to room temperature to get an easy squeeze.