Thursday, January 15, 2004

Lord Help Our Colts

I am feeling better today, thank you to everyone who expressed their concern.  I've been drinking plenty of hot tea and I got some good rest yesterday and last night, and hope to have this thing beat by the weekend. 

Speaking of the weekend... The Colts play The New England Patriots in the AFC Championship game at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Mass., Sunday at 3 pm.  This will be a tough game for the Colts, as the Patriots have won their last 13 games.  The Gillette Stadium also poses some challenges~ the Colts practiced Wednesday afternoon here at the Union Federal Football Center with the doors to their covered practice field open to simulate the freezing temperatures expected in Foxboro.

The community spirit here in Indy is contagious!  Everywhere you look there are Colts flags and banners, and everyone is sporting blue and white clothing.  Tonight there is a pep rally and concert at the RCA Dome, and it's guaranteed to be a fun night for Colts fans.  We are so proud of our team and coaches, I wish them the best.  Just getting to the Superbowl would be a proud moment for our team, and a proud moment for me, as I stand to win $2,300 if we win this Sunday.  Keep your fingers crossed for me and for the Colts.  Our symbol is a horseshoe, which is supposed to be lucky.  Let's hope it works this season!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

returning the favor ... [crossing fingers]
;-)

Anonymous said...

Vegas HTCon money! Regionally, I need to say very quietly, "Go Patriots," but I'm very impressed with the Colts and would not be unhappy if they won.