Sunday, January 25, 2004

Just Say Snow

The weatherman was wrong.  We didn't get the "Wintery Mix" of freezing rain, snow, sleet, and ice that was predicted.  All we got was snow.  And it wasn't the 2-4 inches he predicted.  It was 6 inches, damnit. 

My Mom had the nerve to call from the Gulf of Mexico during this snowstorm to tell me how lovely their vacation has been so far. This, I suppose was to punish me for the naughty things I did as a child. 

So far, I've come up with a half a dozen good reasons not to shovel my driveway.  The best one is because I've decided not to go anywhere until April. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always nice to know the sun is shining somewhere else in the world when you're buried in 3 feet of snow...

Anonymous said...

Great title [clever] ... and April? Well, that's quite a few Food Friday's to get through without stocking up on supplies :) Enjoy cabin fever! :P

Anonymous said...

Never shovel snow. It can cause back problems, heart problems and a whole host of physical ailments. I suggest buying a bigger vehicle to better power through the snow. But then I don't mow my lawn either. I can hear the grass scream.

Anonymous said...

The "Wintery Mix" missed us as well, thankfully... yes, shoveling is bad. My husband bought the giganto bag of rock salt and proceeded to dump that all over our driveway this weekend. It kind of worked, but now there's rock salt in every room in my house. Grr!

Anonymous said...

BWAH, I wish April was an option. We're poised to receive the same storm here in CT Tuesday into Wednesday. Oh joy!