Wednesday, January 14, 2004

[sniffle, sniffle, cough, cough]

Yes, it's official~ I'm sick.  It's only a cold, but still, I feel like a slug.  I stopped at China King earlier and got a quart of Hot and Sour soup and some steamed dumplings, and though they tasted good, it did nothing to clear the fog in my head.  So, I spent the next 4 hours on the couch, with the TV on, and in my cold-induced haze, I dreamt that I was on Trading Spaces and that Vern kept telling me that I'd have to put a 10th coat of paint on the wall.  When I woke up, Trading Spaces was on, and Vern was giving some woman painting instructions.  Heh.

So, I'm off to brave the world to have dinner with my folks tonight, and will pick up tissues and medicine while I'm out, but no matter how bad I feel when I get home, I will not miss seeing the new Bachelorette and The Mole, while trying to make my chat buddies feel sorry for me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Grace. I'm sorry that you're under the weather. I prescribe more hot & sour soup and lots of trash tv. It works every time. And I will lead the pity-party right to your front door. Feel better. ~TVJ~

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor baby! I'm sorry you're all sick and stuff...that bites. *Sending healthy thoughts your way.*

Isn't it bizarre when TV makes its way into your dreams? I've been in more old black & white movies, I swear... =)

I'll be trying to find my way to chat tonight. There's too much good TV on not to share it with friends. If you see me, invite me so I don't get lost...AGAIN!

Anonymous said...

Aww, Grace. Feel better! We'll be here tonight to hand you kleenex and give you some TLC. Have a good dinner! ~~GreenTuna.

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better. This is my first time visiting your journal and I am glad I did. I almost missed the Bachelorette myself! Yikes! Going to watch right now.

Anonymous said...

Hope your feeling better soon ... I'm still waiting for the Bachelorette to come on! My daughter wants to go to the gym during the show ... the NERVE of her! LOL
Get better!
Monica

Anonymous said...

Awww Grace! Take care of yourself. Funny, the things we dream when we're not feeling well. The slightest fever can make me delirious. Feel well soon love!

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon Grace. Being sick stinks. Being a good jewish mother, I ALWAYS recommend chicken matzah ball soup! I think that was a little bit of a nightmare - 10 coats of paint!!
Kat