Wednesday, January 21, 2004

I'm getting Spring Fever!  Well, frankly, I've had it since October, but today I decided to do something about it. 

I just sorted, labled and am preparing some seeds for planting.  These are seeds I collected last year~some from my own gardens, some from friends.  So far, I've got deep purple Morning Glories yellow, brown, and pink ColumbineSunflowers, Bronze Fennel, EscaroleRose of Sharon, Four-O'Clocks, Lillies, Midnight Phlox, CleomeMiniature Japanese Maple, Catnip, and Bittersweet William.

For the last two months I've been poring over seed catalogs and have selected a few new seeds to purchase.  I'll list the types I order once I've narrowed my list down a bit.

If any of you are interested in exchanging some seeds now, or in the spring, let me know.  Seed exchanging is a great way to share something wonderful!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seeds. Everywhere. Billions of 'em. Count me in.
~~GreenTuna

Anonymous said...

Seed exchange? Um .. could that be considered ..uh.. traffiking?

Anonymous said...

I love gardening as a concept...but I get overwhelmed by the work. I'm always very zealous in the spring but I can never, EVER keep up with the weeds once they get going. I've got a lot of perenials in, they are such fun to watch come back year after year. I hope this summer EVERYONE posts their beautiful garden photos!