Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Popdex

Popdex is site that ranks the popularity of other websites. They rank the current most popular sites on a daily basis.  Generally, the top sites are news-related sites, but there's almost always at least one surprise.  Today's shocker is #9- Abandoned Bicycles of New York City. 

 I occasionally visit to see what's hot in the world of websurfing.  I love to look at the  Top 100 sites of all time, and am always amazed at how many of those sites are listed either here on my blog, or in my computer's Favorites category.   At the same time I'm always astounded that some of these sites are so popular, such as Wil Wheaton Dot Net, (Um, yeah, little Wesley from "Star Trek, The Next Generation") I mean Wil is actually pretty entertaining, but what makes him so damn popular?  Also, one of my favorite surprises is that the #100 favorite of all time is Talk Like A Pirate Day.  Well, blow me down!

Are any of your favorites listed?

Which ones surprised you?  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya know ... I read that W.W. recently signed a 3-book deal having something to do with his internet popularity and stuff he puts on his site. I also sort of remember that waaaaay back when, he was somehow involved in one of the original chat programs. I think his popularity is a tech-head-web-geek kinda thing.

Anonymous said...

The Shoe Project (www.shoeproject.org) was an interesting one. And I think TVJ is right -- Wil is a fellow blogger who got a huge book deal recently. He'll always be the little kid in "Stand by Me" to me, though.

Anonymous said...

Interesting indeed. I also ran across a few snoozers.

http://modulate.blogspot.com/

What??? Popular for what??? I'm confused again. C is for confused, not cheese. LoL