Friday, January 16, 2004

Food Friday~C is for Cheese

It's Food Friday again!

I started Food Friday as a way for me to share my passion with others, since I don't participate in Photo Friday.  I've been choosing the theme in an alphabetical order each week, and whoever would like to participate can either post a food-related entry on their own blog, in the comment section of mine, or you can email me your idea and I will post it here.   I was hoping to see some entries other than just recipes, so get creative!  Post food photos, (Rappy) , share food stories, tips, or questions~whatever tickles your pickle. 

To kick off this Friday, I am posting one of my appetizer staples.  It is quick and easy, and is suitable for a cocktail party, or just for snacking on in front of the T.V.

 CHEESE STRAWS  

2 sticks butter
1/2 lb. New York sharp cheese
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 c. plain flour, not sifted
1/2 tsp. salt

Cream the cheese and butter together. Mix dry ingredients together. Add alternately to creamed mixture. Use cookie press and make straws, ( I usually roll mine by hand into long sticks) or roll into small balls and press with fork on cookie sheet. Bake 5 to 12 minutes at 375 degrees. They should just begin to turn golden.  Do not overbake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh... I get it now!!! Food friday!! Fun. You should post fotos of cheese, though. :P

Thanks for informing me. :)

Anonymous said...

d'oh! I was going to post Cheese Straws! We ARE twins. I will go in search of another cheeeeeeezy recipe.